Saturday, July 27, 2013

It's Evolution Baby!

I'm so proud of myself.  I used Blender and I made a model and it worked and uploaded and everything.  Thanks to +Han Held for the simple Blender Tutorials link.  What did I make?  A really simple un-textured TIE Interceptor.  Something I've made repeatedly actually...


Left to Right - The original all Prim TIE interceptor.  An updated model that uses textures which waaay reduces the prim cost.  Finally, the MESH model.

Now I need to figure out how to texture the dang thing.  Also the flight seat I always use for these doesn't want to function properly.  If I place the seat outside the cockpit area, like on top, it works, avatar sits, commands activate, works.  If I stick it IN the cockpit, it doesn't work and the avatar sits sideways in front of the cockpit floating in mid air.

It's... odd.  Anyway I'll work out the kinks.  Best of all the land impact is tiny for the MESH.  I want to say 7 prims, where the original was pushing like 30 (Max for vehicles is like 30, or at least it was when I made the thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment