Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm in UR Tombs... Raiding... and dying... a lot...

I know, I know, I keep going on about this boring grid hunt thing.  Let me just ad, It's neat... ish... but it's also boring.  A lot of the prizes are the kind of ugly primmy crap that you would have gotten in 2007 from a freebie mall and never worn because it was "god ugly."

But I've been pushing through, all the way to the finish.  My ultimate reward was a kind of neat Plasma Ball and a mesh backpack that I actually kind of like.

The later missions got a bit more complicated, especially the second to last one.

For example, the mission "Rampage in the Ruins (I think), takes the player to this pretty neat jungle ruins region.


The puzzles also got a bit more interesting here, as shown below, where you must decipher a little code.  It's not terrible complex but it's better than "walk up and see it explode".


This particular quest though seemed to be a bit buggy though as I got distracted and missed actually going through the opening stone door opened by the puzzle.  This left me trapped in the room.  Fortunately I know how to cam around and managed to complete the quest anyway.

Then there is Peril at Pyri Peaks, which is a bit misleading on the title because Pyri is some sort of amusement park and the entire mission takes place in the middle of a bunch of underground ruins.  You start off by following the little vocal clue and riding the Tunnel of Love ride....  Get use to this image, because you'll see it again... a lot...


Halfway through the tunnel, you drop into the cave maze below.  By "maze" I mean, it's a chamber with a dozen exits, all of them except one leading to prizes and, in almost all cases, death.  The narrator/clues suggest you can use landmarks as a sort of "save game" and return to the cave but you always always ALWAYS teleport back to the surface.  Each time you die, you get teleported back to your home location.  I never thought the site of my little Linden Home would disgust me but it got to that point.  At one point I was tempted to open a second viewer and drop an alt into the cave just so I could have the alt TP me back into the cave, but I was nearly completed with figuring out the path and decided not to bother.

Anyway... Prim drift Kills...


Creepy Skulls Kill...


False Bottom Bridges Kill...


Crazy Slime Monster kills...


Tentacle Monsters Kill...  They also have some creepy undertones to their kill text which almost has to be intentional...


Basically, everything in this cave kills.


Eventually I managed to complete this quest but it took days and many may retries.

The final quest, Dr. Talpa Strikes was pretty disappointing by comparison actually.  Talpa doesn't seem to actually show up at all and it's back to the very basics of "wander around until you find the machine then pull the levers".  It takes place in Bay City...

I actually expected and hoped for some sort of crazy battle.

Anyway, by the end of the quest I had upgraded my outfit a bit from my generic shorts and t-shirt to something a bit more explorer-ey.


MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!



No comments:

Post a Comment